The Donnell Family...Life Chronicled for Paige, Drew and soon to be Gage Donnell

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Thoughts







So since I was so interested in Leigh's blog, and since she doesn't keep up with it anymore, I decided to create my own. As i create it i'll try to focus more on specific topics, but for now, here's what on my mind... and i added the photos to show a little flare. The left is my friend amy and the right is my husband drew! aren't all of us blessed with good genes!

Interesting stuff going on in my world...
Most importantly -- Let's discuss boot camp, which if you know me, this is probably one of the biggest things going on in my life right now (which also seems to make people wonder why nothing else is going on in my life).... I'm on my third month and am proud to say I'm in the 'advanced' group. Which, those of you who I'm friends with, you must also know the advanced group must not be that advanced if I'm in it. But let's discuss today's class:

First, we ran to the big hill (probably 400 yards) and did lunges down the hill – about 75 yards, then we ran about half a mile straight and when we stopped we did pulls up and pushups. After that we ran a little farther and did sprints up a hill and crab walks down... Then we ran about another half a mile where we had to jog single file, and the person in the back had to sprint to the front of the line... Doesn’t sound that hard but there was only 5 of us and we were going up and down hills, so it got really hard bc it felt like we were constantly sprinting. Then we stopped again -- Once we were there, we had to do these crunches things, and then dips. Then we had to continue the whole sprint line all the way to kirkwood. Then we had 15 minutes to make it back before class was over, so we essentially did sprint drills the entire way back. I thought I was going to vomit. It was about 2 or 3 miles we ran doing those stupid sprint drills up and down hills. On top of the already hard exercises. Oh and did I mention more lunges? the pictures at the top are me now... wait until later!


I was so tired on the way home a car almost cut me off and i was perfectly content to hit him, simply because my leg couldn't move quick enough from the gas pedal to the brake pedal.

on to the next part of my day.... so now that i'm so freaking exhausted from boot camp all i feel like doing at this point is crawling under my desk and taking a nap... but if you've seen my office, you know this is not possible. i sit in the wide open. ho hum, 8 hours to go.

Does anyone read www.ihategreenbeans.com? if not, you should. the girl who writes that blog on the Bachelor is hysterical. i'm pretty sure I read it religiously every tuesday after the bachelor, and she always seems to discuss exactly my thoughts from the bachelor. I don't know what I'd do if i didn't have this as an outlet. Cheese ass. ha! (those of you that watch the bachelor recognize that phrase.

Last point of focus for the day -- is anyone in the least bit concerned about what is going on in the world BESIDES Michael Jackson's death? I mean, it's a good thing no one has dropped a bomb in the US or anything else, because I honestly don't think we would even hear about it with our media! geez, I love MJ's music to, but something else has got to be going on.... and let's be honest, the guy is a total circus freak.... and who gets a line of credit worth $400 million anyways.... this is what's wrong with America. that and a whole lot of other stuff.

Ok, for those of you that i've already told, I'm planning a big surprise for drew - the cute guy at the top, so stay tuned! AND, ironically I won 10 free ticket to the LAFF stop this saturday so if anyone wants to go... girls only... let me know! i seem to win them every week!

that's all for today, i think i'll try this again tomorrow! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment