The Donnell Family...Life Chronicled for Paige, Drew and soon to be Gage Donnell

Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm Working. On a Monday.

Today is Monday, what, what!! And there's only two good things that come out of a Monday. Actually there's three good things.

1. The Bachelorette - Men Tell All comes on tonight
2. Animal Cops comes on at 9.
3. You get to read my blog that recaps my weekend, and boy did a lot happen this weekend! Get ready!

Alright, so let's recap starting Friday night, which started off awful.....

So, around 6:00 or so, I stroll outside to get the mail and Lady came outside with me. Well, while I'm standing at the mailbox, I see her messing with something in the yard... I originally assumed it was a snake, but as I walked closer, I realize it's a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty baby bird... It's so little that until the bird started chirping for it's mom, I couldn't even see it... So anyways, being the animal freak that I am, I rush inside to get Drew to save the bird. But anyone that knows anything about birds knows you can't touch them or their mom will not want them back. I'm so upset because the little bird doesn't even have enough feathers to try and fly. So I call my mom, the SPCA, Petsmart and the Texas Wildlife reserve. NO ONE will answer the phones after 5 on a Friday which begs the question, Who is really saving animals because no one is answering the phone in an emergency!!! Anyways, so I try to see if I can scoop it up and put it back in the nest but I can't reach it, even from a ladder... I was so upset.... So I put some twigs and other stuff in the grass near it so when I got home later that night I could check on it. If it was still there, I was going to take it in the house. But I got home around 12:30 and Drew and I looked all in the yard and there was no bird... :( I had nightmares that night that Drew mowed the lawn and killed it. But hopefully the mom rescued the little bird.

Alright, so after this huge ordeal, I headed to Brittany's for her girls night/baby shower and it was sooo much fun! She is ready to pop though that's for sure! I couldn't even find her ankle it was so swolen! Baby Presley's room is so cute and I just don't think I can wait another month until she gets here. I told Brittany to start eating spicy food and walk a couple miles to make this thing happen. I'm free next weekend so that would be perfect for me!

Saturday, we had Frank and Brittany's shower at Jen's art gallery and it was awesome, and after that we headed to Lauren's house for her bday party. That was fun too, I think we played categories in her pool for 3 hours! The next morning I felt like I needed an IV running water in my body. Drew made me breakfast in bed, which was cool, and then we had to spend the day running more errands around Texas.

Last night the Next Food Network Star was on and I am so addicted to this show. Melissa is so totally going to win and if she doesn't, i am boycotting it entirely. Debbie has got to go, everything is always everyone else's fault but hers.

Last comment and then I"m done for the day... This morning I was driving to work and was going through the intersection where I hit that homeless lady, and guess what? A homeless person was getting out of her car to sit on the corner for the day. And it was a nice silver car. Which proves the point that some homeless people actually just sit there for money. jerks.

Maybe I'll have something later!

No comments:

Post a Comment