The Donnell Family...Life Chronicled for Paige, Drew and soon to be Gage Donnell

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bada bing, Bada boom.

I don't know, I just liked the title....

Ok, so today is Wednesday. First things first, Drew and I are getting a security system installed this weekend, and I'm pretty pumped about that. For those that don't know, Brinks is no longer Brinks, its Broadview. Because for us peons that didn't realize it, Brinks sells a whole bunch of other cool security stuff besides home alarms - I got briefed on it last night. So they changed their name to broadview... anyways, if you were ever considering robbing us of the few things we actually own right now, think again. Should you attempt to break into the Donnell household, a really loud annoying alarm will go off and police will be deployed. And if you happen to bring ear plugs and think you can steal from us quickly, be aware of the ferociuos killer dog inside that just might lick you to death. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned, how can you put a price on safety? At least that's how I phrased it to Drew. When he's gone, I need to be safe -- he needs to be assured that I am safe. Thus, he gave in and Brinks is coming over Saturday for installation.

Secondly, I think I should sell alarm systems, I think I would probably be a top salesman too. As a young female, I feel like I understand the paranoia of being alone in your house better than a healthy looking male. I mean, women -- or anyone really would relate better to me than a young, fit male selling these things. Right? Wouldn't a woman's point of view sell better in regards to a security system? I think so... Like I said, how can you put a value on your safety? Anyways, so the guy selling the security system (well, he really didn't even have to sell to be honest), he just signed us up and started talking about Michael Jackson when he was over -- because once again MJ is the ONLY thing on tv, and that really got Drew going because Drew is of the mindset that the world is better off without MJ. I, on the other hand, agreed with this guy because I remember dancing to MJ in the living room when I was little... Anyone else? and YES, I did get a little teary eyed over the funeral. So after Drew sort of rolled his eyes at us, the evening, and our Brinks alarm system training was over.

That was pretty much the night....

Three things -- I am absolutely PUMPED about the Next Food Network Star on Sunday-- I am addicted to that show. I think I should go on it. If a housewife has made it this far with her cooking, I'm sure I could to....

Second, I can't wait for the Men Tell All Bachelorette next week. I pumped to see David on there. Maybe he'll call Wes a Cheese Ass and have another roid rage like he did over Juan. Ha!

Last, as Amy pointed out the other day, I need color in my breakfast room, so I went and picked out fabric for my window toppers and I'm going to go purchase it later for my Aunt to do! Hooray, slowly but surely something else is being done to the house!

That's it for today. Maybe something exciting will happen tomorrow. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment